Thursday, July 21, 2005

Well, it's Thursday night, close to midnight and before I go to bed I wanted to continue to write a bit about my burning issue, you know about Africa's seemingly never ending problems. I want to write about it in hopes that others would start writings and talking about it. We have to get our dirty laundry out in the open, out in the open for all to see. As they say, if you do not tell the doctor about your ailments, you will not get the medicine that you need. You know what happens when you do not get the right medicine for what ails you. Certain death, that is what you get.

I do not want my fellow Africans to die. I do not want them to continue to suffer unnecessarily either. But their problems are real, as real as day and night. Some of these problems are caused by non other than their own rulers. Others are caused by mother nature, political and economic exploitations, racism, tribal or ethnic conflicts, corruption and the like. All these problems are surmountable, can be managed, effectively dealt with, given the right leadership, resource allocation and dedicated efforts of all the people. It needs unselfish and unyielding focus on making things happen for the benefit of the larger population and not for the benefit of the few. Let us see where we can go with this tomorrow.

No comments: